Did you know that Ravenna, Texas has a total area of 1.20 square miles?
Please Click Here for Ordinances
Please Click one of the below Links to download the permit application to your Computer. You will then want to print this out and fill it out with pen and paper and deliver it to City Hall during office hours.
Ravenna is a city in Fannin County. Located in northern Texas, Ravenna, has a population of only 209 (2010).
Informational Links Below
Compared to the rest of the states, Ravenna's cost of living is 22.6% lower than the U.S. average costs.
RAVENNA BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
DATE: December 21, 2021
TIME: 7:00 PM
PLACE: Ravenna City Hall
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. CITIZENS OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK:
(Commissioners invite persons to briefly (3 MINUTE MAX) address the board for limited purpose of determining whether the matter should be referred to staff for study and response and/or be placed on Agenda for future meeting. Commissioners may NOT respond during this meeting except to ask questions, and can NOT give feedback or make decisions until the next meeting. State law prohibits the Board of Commissioners from considering deliberation on any item not listed on the posted Agenda.)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
5. BURN BAN
a) Discussion (currently DE-activated)
6. REPORTS FROM THE BOARD & STAFF
a) Commissioners Updates
1. Mayor Joe Passanisi
2. Mayor Pro Tem Claude Lewis, Jr.
3. Commissioner Chad Goode
b) City Hall Report (Secretary Mary Curtis)
1. Activities and Information from previous Month
2. Financial report
c) TCOG Report
1. Mary Browning-Rodriguez
d) Code Enforcement
e) Communications Update
1. James Peercy
a) Pamee Emergency Platform
7. Community Center and City Cemeteries Consolidation
a) Community Center
10. City Ordinances
a) Town Hall Meeting January 25, 2022
1. Discuss expenditures for advertising in Fannin Co Leader and N-TX News and peace officer.
b) Review Ordinance Action
1. Set date for follow-up meeting on Ordinance review
c) Fannin County Regional Trails Master Plan presented by Duke Monson
1. Chad Goode has question about bike lanes and pedestrians
11. City Projects
a) Street maintenance
1. Asphalt roads need help need to make a plan
c) Outside Light at City Hall and Sign on Building
d) Outside Camera
e) Ceiling Fans
f) Heavy Equipment
12. CITY LOTS MAINTENANCE & ACTIVITIES
a) Project Update – Chad Goode
b) Farmers’ Market
13. OPEN FORUM AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. The Board of Commissioners may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed on this Agenda.
2. The Board of Commissioners maintains the right to go into executive session on any item on the Agenda.
3. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who need assistance should contact the Mayor at two working days prior to this meeting, so that arrangements can be made.
4. All meetings automatically adjourn at 10:00 PM.
Posted: Date: December 14, 2021 Time: 3:00 pm.
history about ravenna
People started to move into what is now known as "Ravenna" in the early 1850's. The reason on how Ravenna got its name was because, there was a large ravine that had split the town, so then the people named it that. Another cool fact is, is that in 1885, the city had a population of 150 and a functional post office. How amazing is that?!
We are here to assist
If you need help with sumbitting anything or navigating the site please contact us for any help. Also if you have any trouble finding our physical location press the "Contact Us Today" button.