Did you know that Ravenna, Texas has a total area of 1.20 square miles?
Please Click Here for Ordinances
Please Click one of the below Links to download the permit application to your Computer. You will then want to print this out and fill it out with pen and paper and deliver it to City Hall during office hours.
Ravenna is a city in Fannin County. Located in northern Texas, Ravenna, has a population of only 209 (2010).
Informational Links Below
Compared to the rest of the states, Ravenna's cost of living is 22.6% lower than the U.S. average costs.
THE RAVENNA BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL BE MEETING
FOR THE PURPOSE OF REGULAR MEETING
DATE OF MEETING:March 21, 2023
TIME OF MEETING: 7:00 PM
LOCATION OF MEETING: Ravenna City Hall 103 N. Main St., Ravenna
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Call To Order
Regular Session (This Regular Session may, at any time, be recessed to convene an Executive Session for any purpose authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.)
1. Citizens Opportunity to Speak: [The Board of Commissioners invites persons with comments or observations to
briefly address the Board of Commissioners for the limited purpose of determining whether the matter should be referred to
staff for study and response and/or be placed on a future meeting agenda. State law prohibits the Board of
Commissioners from considering deliberations on any item not listed on the posted Board of Commissioners Agenda.]
2. Statutory Consent Agenda—The Statutory Consent Agenda includes non-controversial and
routine items that may be acted upon with one single vote. An item may be pulled from the
Consent Agenda in order that it be discussed and acted upon individually as part of the Regular
Consideration and possible action to approve meeting minutes for the Regular Meeting held on February 21, 2023 – Pat Patterson, City Secretary
B. Consideration and possible action to accept financial report for month ending February,
3. Consider and take action regarding burn ban. (Currently Deactivated)
4. Reports from Commissioners and City Staff (No Action to Be Taken)
A. Mayor—Joe Passanisi
B. Mayor Pro Tem—Claude Lewis, Jr.
C. City Commissioner—Chad Goode
D. City Secretary—Pat Patterson (activities and information)
E. TCOG Representative—Mary Browning Rodriguez (update)
F. City Attorney—Michael Evans (updates on Ordinances and City legal work)
G. Planning and Zoning-Monte Rater (update)
H. Communications-James Peercy (update)
5. Consider and take action regarding 200 E. Pine Ordinance Violations.
6. Consider and take action regarding the following City of Ravenna public works projects:
street maintenance of asphalt and gravel roads,road work and culverts, streetlights.
7. Consider and take action regarding the fencing of the Farmer's Market area.
8. Consider and take action regarding the fencing of the Maintenance Storage Lot.
9. Consider and take action regarding Ravenna-Nunnelee Water District.
10. Consider and take action regarding City Plaques and pictures.
11. Consider and take action regarding City Flag.
12. Consider and take action regarding Inter-local Agreement.
13. Consider and take action regarding the Blue Bird Festival
The Ravenna Board of Commissions hereby expresses its intention of considering, deliberating, and taking action on any item listed on this agenda unless specifically stated otherwise.
Posted March 16, 2023 at 2:00pm.
Pat Patterson, City Secretary
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need assistance should contact the City Secretary at 903-449-4616 before 2:00 PM on the date of the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
history about ravenna
People started to move into what is now known as "Ravenna" in the early 1850's. The reason on how Ravenna got its name was because, there was a large ravine that had split the town, so then the people named it that. Another cool fact is, is that in 1885, the city had a population of 150 and a functional post office. How amazing is that?!
We are here to assist
If you need help with sumbitting anything or navigating the site please contact us for any help. Also if you have any trouble finding our physical location press the "Contact Us Today" button.